Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Which tape storage solutions do you recommend for long-term data archiving in CA

• Adam Smith
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #11765 by Adam Smith
Dear Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for long-term data archiving in the realm of Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) and would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations.

As we all know, CAE generates vast amounts of data, including simulations, designs, and analyses. Ensuring the safety and accessibility of this data over the long term is paramount for any organization or individual working in the field.

In particular, I am interested in exploring tape storage solutions for their proven track record of reliability, cost-effectiveness, and longevity. However, with the plethora of options available in the market, ranging from LTO (Linear Tape-Open) to enterprise-grade tape libraries, it can be challenging to determine the most suitable solution for specific CAE requirements.

Furthermore, if you have encountered any notable challenges or pitfalls in implementing tape storage for CAE data archiving, I would be grateful if you could share your insights and lessons learned.

Your valuable input will not only aid me in making informed decisions but also benefit the wider CAE community grappling with similar considerations.

Thank you in advance for your time and contributions. I eagerly await your responses and look forward to engaging in insightful discussions on this topic.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Adam Smith.
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds